Slimmer Success Stories
Positive visualization helped Katie, a 59-year-old office worker, lose 40 pounds on Slimmer. She saw herself eating unnecessarily large quantities of food while imaging the many children of the world requiring sustenance. It literally changed her life and her eating habits forever.
Zoe, a 38-year-old restaurant manager who lost 50 pounds on the Slimmer program, found this method of “changing her thinking” to be instrumental in reaching her weight goals. “I simply kept an image of a slimmer me in mind every time I was tempted.”
By following the Slimmer program, John, aged 27, lost 70 pounds because he learned the importance of eating homemade, delicious food with fresh ingredients, and vowed to never again eat unhealthy processed foods that contain destructive trans fats.
Negative feelings about herself crippled Sophia, a 37-year-old businesswoman. She realized these thoughts were ultimately manifesting as excess weight when she looked in the mirror. By learning to properly deal with her negative emotions, she lost 65 pounds on the Slimmer program.
Ellie, aged 63, finally learned to accept and love herself by affirming the Slimmer texts and lost 110 pounds.
Activating Your Goal: How to Get to and Maintain Your Ideal Weight
Consider the following 9-point action plan:
- ACKNOWLEDGE the pain: Accept that you’re upset, sad, tired, and frustrated with your current weight and health.
- Specifically OBSERVE what causes these feelings: Observe the conditions and situations, and the feelings inside you and around you that contribute to the unhappiness you feel being overweight.
- THINK and FEEL about the alternative: Imagine what it would be like to rid yourself of these excess pounds and unhappy feelings as you strive towards your own ideal weight.
- ANALYZE your reasons for losing weight: Think about why you want to become slimmer (to feel better, to look better), and how your life is negatively impacted by remaining overweight. Repeat these analyses constantly.
- CREATE incentives for losing weight: These are springboards that will give you the drive and power to stick with your weight-loss plan (a vacation, new outfit, or other reward).
- DECIDE to begin: You’ve made your decision. Express it constantly and happily. Say to yourself, “I can and will get to my ideal weight.”
- ACT on your commitment: Make a daily effort by going on the SLIMMER nutritional program, drinking more water, and increasing your physical activity.
- EMPOWER your effort: Emit positive thoughts and energy for success. Feel good about your effort.
- WITNESS the results: You’ve now lost all your excess pounds, and have achieved your ideal weight. Remember: To maintain your ideal weight forever, you need to permanently adopt the good dietary habits of the Slimmer program.